Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Honeyville and Prophets


Well, i am not sure what is better in the world than a weekend of listening to the living prophets and being up in Honeyville. I had a right good weekend up there, then on the way home they dropped us off at G-ma Olsen's house where we ate yet another dinner and chatted. Aubrey was the hit of the party. Everybody was amazed that she ran the half marathon without training and not knowing until the morning of...it reminded me of another great weekend. Plus, she did it in 2 hours! that is pure talent right there. Everyone was amazed...myself included.
anyway, that was a while ago. So for my B-day Aubrey's parents took us to lunch at a place called Emmetts and Ethels in Lehi. I recommend the place! they make everything fresh in the back, even their ice cream. and it is sooo good. But as an ordering hint, if you get a shake or any type of ice cream be sure to have someone to share it with, or even two someones. I was very full by the end. They also had us taste test a new vanilla flavor they were trying out. good good.
Conference was so awesome. I was able to go to the conference center for priesthood session. That was way fun. we went to Golden Corral afterward and once again ate way too much.

Unfortunately i forgot my camera so i have no memory of ever turning 22...oh darn, i guess i am still 21 then! or am i 9 still? I don't know
But i did capture Megan on her 21st b-day.

then this one below is awesome. I have no idea how T made that face. He won the face game that night.

10 comments:

  1. Dear Matt, that is so sad that you don't have any birthday pics! We took a billion at Em's house-- apparently not on your camera? So I will send you some once my mom sends them to me... which may mean I am just throwing out hollow promises. ;) lol I'll see what I can do though. Go Trevor! That face really is hilarious- what a fun night. What a fun birthday/Easter/Conference/Good Friday/family weekend! Honeyville is the place to be. And... I LOVE CONFERENCE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing so hard at T's face!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Birthdays are wonderful days especially if you can relive them through the camera photo's!!!!! Wish I could see you turn 22. I guess I will just have to go look at your 9 year old pics!!!
    Trevor's faces are tops! He's been working on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA. That is the BEST picture of Trev. I love it. You know Matt, we can make cupcakes and take pictures and pretend it is your birthday so that you can say you are 22 and we can have another excuse to eat cupcakes and ice cream...not that we need an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love emmett and ethels! we eat there everytime we go to lehi to see marcs dad. it is so yummy!

    nice face T! you guys will have to show me how to play that game when we come this summer. it sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love emmett and ethels! we eat there everytime we go to lehi to see marcs dad. it is so yummy!

    nice face T! you guys will have to show me how to play that game when we come this summer. it sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What echo!? you know emmetts and ethels!!!?
    crazy! Well, Aubrey's parents know the owner so he totally hooked us up with whatever we wanted for free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanna go to emmetts and ethels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah! Emmett & Ethel are working it! They know where it's at. We also got in on a little of the history--maybe the entire history--and it makes it even better. :) We'll have to tell ya'll sometime. It's a good little place- let's go again... all of us! ;) Fun stuff. We ate ourselves sick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Megan, let's have a celebration. You're right, we need no reason to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete