Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Days and Finals


Well, finals are going well. Aubrey has scored some epic-high scores. She got a 100% on her Book of Mormon final and a 100% on a very hard paper about Franz List...i will take editing kudos for that one. oh, plus i helped her study for the Book of Mormon test, so yeah, i guess we decided that school is important--it took us a whole semester!
Okay, maybe just Aubrey had the realization. I missed a question on my Pearl of Great Price final and on the big paper i got a 38/40, which isn't 100%. Good scores though. Aubrey is taking her uber-hard (sorry, i think putting "uber" in front of a word is a Utah thing...i hate conforming!) anyway, she is taking her stats test right now. Good Luck girl!...she's my good luck girl. hahaha
anyway, it had been some time since i posted and thought i would share some finals updates. I will be back in NM by next Monday. Ahh! hard work! do my schoolishly soft hands remember how to work hard??? If they don't, they will re-learn quickly. The hedger and edger do that to you...hopefully dad and Thane have already finished the really hard work (aerating and power raking). Those machines are beasts.
anyway, hope you enjoy your week as well!
The picture above is when we hiked to the Y a few days ago. I don't know what face we are trying to pull, but the sky looks pretty sweet!
The one below is Aubrey...she thought she had to climb on every fence there was. Secretly, I think she was tired and needed a break. I don't blame her, sometimes i am an overzealous hiker...thanks to dad!

This one is of us on a bench (as if you couldn't tell)

This one is of us on a bench but with the camera floating in the air above our heads. I put a spell on it to do that.

This last one was when i was trying to get the self timer to work...but i just got her in it because it was still on regular mode when i took it.

Hehehe, this is another time when i was having troubles with the self-timer. I didn't make it in time.

6 comments:

  1. I wish the last shot was on video and we could see your reaction when the picture went off before you were ready! aaagggghhhh!
    Fun Post!! Good job on the final thus far....good luck with the rest!!!
    Yah, your hands are going to get toughened up, Dad and Thane worked from 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. tonight! Shiprock, Cortez, Durango, Red Mesa!! in one day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to brag up Aub. She got an 85% on that stats test! that is incredible. This class is very difficult, and the tests are even more so. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, i comment more than i post. but wow, dad, you are crazy. I was worn out after the Shiprock Cortez run, but add Durango to it! you guys are crazy. I am excited to work my guts out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey-- I should know better than to tell you my secrets, Mr. Matthew! :P ha Silly boy.
    Wow, you are going to be working SO hard! I'm actually a little jealous. I really miss working; school is work but a different kind-- a kind I'm tired of. :) I hope I can get a job...it would be a nice "change of scenery". If anyone's got any connections for a good job here on BYU campus, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matthew YOU are A TROPHY!! (I have always known that!) Those BYU professors are just now catching on. Good Jooorb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The future mother-in-lawApril 21, 2010 at 7:49 PM

    Who needs engagement pictures when you have great shots like these. That first one would look especially great on your wedding announcement. Aubrey looks especially intelligent. But hey, she's proving that she really is. Sounds like she's doing an awesome job on her finals. Thanks for taking such good care of her and making her so happy! Can't wait to see you two tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete