Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bowling in Style


So, we went to the DI and got us some bowling shirts! I got this ficchissimo party shirt while Aubrey got this ugly thing. I guess the party shirt has powers too because i dominated the first game (121 to 66...yeah, almost double her score). The picture above after the only gutter ball of the game...for me.
So while she was sulking in her defeat I decided to give her another chance and we started up another game! She started off with a spare followed by a strike and i knew i was in trouble. The ugly shirt was out for revenge. And yet party shirt was not about to become an easy prey and after a few rough rounds fought back with the magnanimous might of magical moments that are so common in the life of the average party shirt. (of course i did not know the history of this shirt, but its polyester blend and intricate pattern told me of its prominent past and whispered secrets of its fortuitous future). anyway, all pretty prose behind i will show you what became of this legendary game!

Well, we took some photos of our form and well, I will leave it up to the reader to decide who has better form, but i think the pics talk for themselves. hehe









What a fun night of bowling! We finished off the night by making the most interesting mix of goodness known to man with tortellini. yum, i would have never thought that spinach, real Parmesan cheese, walnuts, and a lemon would make a
sauce worthy of the tortellini, but then again, I kind of did think of it...and boy was it sqiusito! Che gusto! Mamma Mia, quanto buono e' stato l'affare nostro del cibo. Sorry, i get eating in italian and i get thinking in italian then i start writing in italian...bad habit.
Anyway, I thought i might end with my favorite pic of the night. We put the camera on the continuous setting and one of the pics turned out like this:

5 comments:

  1. this looks like good times.
    p.s. matt, your form is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure the red belt didn't give you the edge in the first go round?
    How to hang in there Aubrey!!! Always go for two games...the luck will wear off! Although Matt's form is rather stretched out and kind of dancing like! he he!
    Great post Matty!!!! Nice shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, before anyone says anything else I need a word. Or three.
    FIRST: He did NOT score 121 the first game. It was 116. And the last time I bowled, I bowled a 128- it was not my night! Matt's intimidating or something. ;) And the ugly shirt was bad luck. . . and I felt really sick. :X
    SECOND: What a terrible shot of me-- I am pretty sure I didn't look that rough the WHOLE two games, my form isn't ALL bad. But that's just me trying to console myself. How embarrassing.
    THIRD: He gutter-balled at LEAST three times. Pretty sure.
    Alright, maybe four words...
    FOURTH: You better watch it Matteo. One of these days I'll understand all your Italian (insults, slang and all). So there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't believe everything she says. Jealous people sometimes react rashly. hehehe

    ReplyDelete