Friday, March 5, 2010

A Different Kind of Poetry


(I am not sure what she is wearing??? you have to ask her i guess ;)
So I realize that many of my viewers don't like poetry even in the slightest. Oh well, that happens. And still I will continue to post what it (because even if you don't like it, maybe you should, hehe). and besides, we all need some prodding to read poetry, else we live a life having read very little of it.
Anyway, this is going to be more of a recap (which is short for recapitulation) of the wonderful week I had. Ironically, even though the workload of the week should have caused great stress, it was a rather calm week. I did not have enough time to put my all into my papers, and yet i am content with what I produced. I am pleased to say that i have overcome my sickness, and I am in general satisfied with life...but there is still more to do--more circles to complete, but i am looking forward to it.
Therefore and nevertheless and it came to pass that we had a good week. A week ago today I took AUbrey up to rock canyon and we went on a little hike (from which she was sore the next day), and we put our self-timer camera skills to work. I think we came out with some pretty good shots, what do ya'll think?

We are about to fall off a cliff in this one, thankfully we didn't.

I really like this one! i caught her unawares...or i was trying to get the camera to stand up in the snow and the timer went off...one of the two. I like the face Aubrey's pulling though...plus, Boston, look closely you may see something silver.

So the Rock Canyon trip was a success. It was a beautiful day. Afterward we were soaked Aubrey had a hole in her shoe and her socks were wet, I was wet because she clobbered me with snow. Here is a pic to prove it.

We had a lot more fun doing other things as well this week, but they will remain a secret because this post is already too long, and we don't have any pics of anything else. I hope you're happy with this different kind of poetry.

10 comments:

  1. either you wear that shirt everyday, or it just so happens that you are wearing it when you take pictures cause i am often represented.
    either way i am glad that i could assist you in your wardrobe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's still one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Times to never forget!
    I always love pictures!! The Mamma says ThAnKs!
    I like this kind of poetry.
    Hey, I have the same shirt, it's a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aubrey's pink outfit looks SOOOO comfy! :)
    It looks like something I would have worn back in 2nd grade. Very cool.
    I like the necklace! A LOT!
    Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Matthew, if this hadn't made me laugh so hard I'd beat you! :P Be grateful that I love to laugh and am not going to seek revenge... this time. Disclaimer: I don't own the hideous (and comfy) Beverly Hills outfit, it was at the DI-- Matt's idea. ;) I would never wear it in public. Also, I guess you could say that I got him with the snow! A more accurate statement may jeopardize his ego, so we will leave that be. Yes, this poetry I can handle! Annd, I love the necklace too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, i guess i have to respond to that last one huh? I should have bought you that outfit. One of my favorite things is the little jewel on the left leg by the ankle.
    Plus, i have to complement you on your kindness...looking out for my ego and all. This was a fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aubrey, every time I go to Matthew's blog, I think to myself....Aubrey is such a good sport, cuz that outfit it truly a statement, but hey, how fun life can be when we can jewel it up like that at the DI!!! Great FUN
    You are a good sport! (Matthew's sister's used to dress him up like a little girl when he was little....he was a darling little dress up girl)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww, cute! You're mom isn't so generous as to spare your ego the way I did Matt. :) Sorry. I would love to see you as a little girl! Hopefully there are pictures of that. Now I see where your desire to wear girls' clothing comes from! (Oops, did I just give out too much info?) haha Anyway, pretty embarrassing pictures- but we've done some wild things so I'm getting used to it! Pictures never quite do it justice- the hike was SO pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Matty,
    The Mamma is ready for a new blog!!! With more pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! The Aubrey seconds that motion! (notion...?) :) Let us see this deep inner photographer and writer a little more.

    ReplyDelete