This was a great weekend!
We (Scudi, Aubrey, and I) drove down to Moab for the half marathon. Scudi and I planned on running it and Aubrey was going to be our number 1 cheerleader, but our plans were slightly frustrated...in a good way...for some of us.
Here's Reilly pushing it to the end!
anyway, we got down there and played with David and Trudy's kids and helped cook a little delicious dinner (green chile chicken alfredo). Then we ate it and listened to Reilly tell jokes and about burst in the sides from laughter. (those knock-knock jokes gets us every time--plus that misbehaving number 7). It was fun.
After that we got out the instruments and started...well, at first making just a lot of noise, but we got better. I wish i picture of that...they would be on Mom's camera...maybe i can get them tonight and update this blog later. It was so much fun. Jayden was playing the trombone and reilly was on the penny whistle and Aubrey jumped right in there playing the mandolin and singin like an angel...I was on the piano by this time. It was really great fun.
I ran so fast that the pic they tried to take of me was just a blur and i promised Aubrey not to post the one of her finishing even though i think it is cute...maybe if a enough of you comment about it we may change her mind. but until then here is one at the end when we feel great and are heavy with fruit!
I am so glad that Grandma and Grandpa Olsen were there too. They are such awesome grandparents...I think they are the best in the world, but i may be biased.
That night we got to sleep in this sweet house up on the hill and had a right good time doing so. At 7 am i went in to wake Aubrey up and i had a little surprise question for her; you see, Trevor and Megan were stricken ill and did not think it wise to race...which means that there was an extra spot for a special someone! So i asked Aubrey if she wanted to and she replied, "define what you mean by want." but after two seconds of coxing she was game.
And Boy did she do it! She ran it in 2 hours 1 minute and 48 seconds!!! That is amazing. If she tries to say otherwise just know that she is fibbing, you can't hide the truth and the truth is that that is a great time in general and especially since she hadn't trained at all, except for a few times and she never ran over 5 miles in her life...i think. so WOW! that is all i can say, WOW!! You are a stud.
The rest of us did well too. we achieved our goals. I ran a 1:32.48 which is a 7 minute 4 second split and scudi was right behind me. Reilly and dad were right there behind us too. and next thing i know, mom is crossing the line. Then i ran with Aub to the finish.
Here's dad finishing hard!
The mamma is giving it her all!
sorry for the long descriptions. there is more to say like Jayden getting his Eagle and the car ride conversations and going to Manti and so on, but those will have to be for another time, or perhaps, never at all.
Here is a good picture of all the awesome finishers! I like this shot even if Reilly is pulling a "danny" face and scudi has a cookie in his mouth.
Good times, people. Good times. :)
ReplyDeleteperhaps the danny face and the cookie in the mouth are the reasons you love that photo.
ReplyDeleteoh man, i can just imagine reilly telling his jokes all night long. he has the best ones in the world.
great job to everyone!! you all did so so well.
That last picture of you is the best "fang" one yet!
ReplyDeleteAubrey IS awesome! I still can't believe she did that!
I took some pretty good pictures eh?
oh, one more thing....
ReplyDeleteI was talking to the boys last night and we were discussing much needed haircuts. Davy informed me that he wanted to leave his rat-tail like Scudi.
We also went over to the Andrews house and were watching old videos of all the boy scouts when you and rei and trev, steven, daniel, andrew, thane, etc. were about 12 or 13 crossing a rope bridge over a river.....anyway, Davy kept saying "where's Scudi?" "I don't see Scudi."
:) I thought it was pretty cute. I think Davy really looks up to Scudi. :)
I think the weekend was "marvelous"!! Let's do it again!!!!
ReplyDeleteI do not like the pic of me~!
ReplyDeleteAubrey you must be a good sport and post the pic of you finishing! It will prove you really did it!!!!
The one from your camera I can handle- Boston's got the worst one! :( Blick. I don't have any pictures of my own so I need to acquire those from all of you. Maybe you could each email me a few? standing4truth@hotmail.com. Grazie! Oh, and I don't know if you all noticed but I commented on Matt's previous blog (about the race etc.) before this was posted. Just so you know!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I think we all envy Scudi's rat-tail just a little. :)
Hey Mr. Poetry Man....I need a new post! I like poetry with pictures!!! he he he
ReplyDeleteActually, I like you to post anything!
And when will there ever be another post????
ReplyDeleteHmm, as soon as I'll leave him alone long enough to make one I guess. . . sorry Matteo-- and family! :/ But I agree: NEW POST, NEW POST, NEW POST!
ReplyDelete