Allow me to explain the Mountain Floating over Provo City. It is the mystery of the ages! and it is encapsulated in four letters:
SMOG
This past weekend we went up Y mountain with the twins. We had a fun getaway. Mom Bingham and Molly had to do some prom dress shopping (she got asked to prom by some guy named Blank Cheese...okay, Blake Schiess, but over the phone it sounded like Blank Cheese). Anyway, the twins came along for the ride, but when they got to Provo, the twins decided to hang out with Aub and I instead going to dress shop (in my opinion, a good choice, but that's only cause I am not a shopper). We had a lot of fun! This first pic is of Annie pushing the Y-sign at the trail-head.We were sooooo fortunate to finally have a day with some sunshine and some warmth. It was still cold, don't get me wrong, but it was a beautiful day. This one makes me laugh! They were trying to make it look like a strenuous hike, Aub must be Really tired! On the way up, Missy and I were ahead of the rest and the background had a really cool smog-look to it. We made it to the Y! No, they are not sitting in snow, that is the Y. Missy is on the right and Annie on the left. Here is Annie all by herself just sitting on the Y. The snow was melting so there were little streams of water going down the slope. Watch out where you sit and don't slip! They were fascinated with how the mud from their shoes disappeared and the brown on the white was just a cool look. On the way down the mount we tried to make snowballs grow naturally by rolling snowballs down the hill. If you look close you can see one right behind Aubrey's right arm. The twins are inquisitively gazing to see if Aubrey will be successful...does the reader think she was? This video shows how much fun we were having. Annie was screaming and running as fast as she could. I wish my camera wouldn't have run out of memory because she falls down at the end of this run.
Last of all...Triumphant AnniE! Lastly, I was reminiscing with some Harry Nilsson. for some odd reason I like this song. Tell me what you think.
The hike looked like fun. Dad and I just imagined the fall at the end of the video....we laughed. We also loved the music! Harry has a way of making you feel light and happy. (Kind of like the floating fat ladies...ha ha not really.) I think I want to dance in the kitchen right now! (except I am at the office...should I dance in the office?)
next time i come can we go on that hike? i have never been. infact the only parts of provo i have ever seen are the mtc parking lot and trevor and megans old basement apartment.
next time i come can we go on that hike? i have never been. infact the only parts of provo i have ever seen are the mtc parking lot and trevor and megans old basement apartment.
The hike looked like fun. Dad and I just imagined the fall at the end of the video....we laughed.
ReplyDeleteWe also loved the music! Harry has a way of making you feel light and happy. (Kind of like the floating fat ladies...ha ha not really.)
I think I want to dance in the kitchen right now! (except I am at the office...should I dance in the office?)
yes you should dance at the office mom!
ReplyDeletenext time i come can we go on that hike? i have never been. infact the only parts of provo i have ever seen are the mtc parking lot and trevor and megans old basement apartment.
yes you should dance at the office mom!
ReplyDeletenext time i come can we go on that hike? i have never been. infact the only parts of provo i have ever seen are the mtc parking lot and trevor and megans old basement apartment.
It's been a year since I hiked the "Y" Now I hike the "M" and the "L" in Missoula. Always a good time.
ReplyDeleteyes, I love the Harry NIllson....
ReplyDelete