We just found out folks...We are going to Siena, Italy! I was awarded an Orca grant from BYU so I will be doing some research out there this summer. I will be published as well for this research. We are pretty excited! BYU pays me about the price of one round-trip ticket...we still haven't decided which one of us gets the free ticket....hehehe
I went and spoke to my professor over the research (she is also a good friend) and she gave me some other good news: My FLAS scholarship application moved on to the second stage. FLAS gives me full tuition for a year just for studying Italian! This would save me so much stress. It is a competitive scholarship, so we will see what happens. Last year I did not make it past the first round of elimination. Thanks mom and dad for serving a mission!I cannot wait to be back on the Italian streets! who knows, maybe we'll just do a little jaunt around Europe while we are there...you never know. :)
YOU GOT IT!!! That is so awesome! wow. that will be so much FUN for you two!! YAY for Orca grants!
ReplyDeleteVery Nice! Congratulations... I have to admit I am a little bit jealous.
ReplyDeleteHoly cow, I can hardly wait. Bella Italia, here we come. :) Now for the when and how and which airline to fly and what to bring! Who knew that our "life-long goal" would come true to quickly? But, as far as we know, now is a perfect time...
ReplyDeleteYeehaawww!! Our son really is Italian!
ReplyDeleteHow far from the Congo will you be?? We will have to hike the Sahara Desert to see you two!!
Wow, what an adventure!!
can i come jaunt with you?? please!
ReplyDeleteWe've been doing Family History lately. . . and Matt was sure disappointed that there is not one Italian name in his line. :D Haha, it's the heart that counts. His heart bleeds Italia.
ReplyDeletetrevor.hatch11 skype me
ReplyDeleteOh I am sooooo jealous!!!!!! I will live vicariously through you....I'd just love to go to Italy someday and then STAY there FOREVER!!!!
ReplyDelete