Wow, I wish i could give you a big hug right now.
Thanks for all you mean for me.
You know I am a great admirer of William Wordsworth, and, although he is speaking of Nature and of other things in this little excerpt, when I read it I thought of the influence my mom has had over these 22 years of my existence:
In hours of weariness, sensations sweet,
Felt in the blood, and felt along the heart;
And passing even into my purer mind,
With tranquil restoration:--
Mom, you spent many weary hours in my behalf. All those Christmases that you spent late hours of the night preparing only to be awaken early the next morning by loud, excited children. Or how about those tender times when life was difficult for me and you sat by my bedside until i had the courage to speak about my fears and desires. You could have been doing much more, and you definitely were busy doing so much before the spontaneous interruption. Thanks for those countless times when you sacrificed for me and for all of us kids.
I think Wordsworth has another point still to make. "Sensations sweet." Those times you spent taking care of us kids (and dad) really are in retrospect the "sweet" memories that are "felt in the blood," and they stay close "along the heart." These memories go so far as to change who we are, since these sweet memories that we hold so dear pass "even into my purer mind with tranquil restoration." My mind (and how I think) has been heavily influenced by these sweet memories, and I agree with Wordsworth that these times have a purifying effect upon the way I see myself, my family, those around me, and the world. Thanks for those little, nameless, and numberless acts of kindness and love that you have shown me from the beginning.
He finishes this stanza by talking about the peace that one feels while thinking about the times above stated:
With an eye made quiet by the power
Of harmony, and the deep power of joy,
We see into the life of things.
Thanks for always creating an environment of harmony in our home where we could feel the "deep power of joy" and "see into the LIFE of things." Or in scriptural terms, "see things as they really are and not as they appear to be." We love you mom! I hope will think about some similar memories even though you are far away. Make it a great "Birth"day!
Love, Matthew and Aubrey Hatch
Wow, will you speak at my funeral? I like how you make me feel and sound better than I am!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. It has never been difficult to love my children!! You have made the 22 years most amazing and unforgettable. Thank you for seeing and feeling all that is right! I love being a mother above all else, especially for 5 miraculous children. My birthday was great. The internet was down, so the day after my birthday is even more wonderful cuz I got such a beautiful gift in this post. Thank you...I cherish and love you and your sweetheart!
What a beautiful tribute to your mom. I'll have to agree with you, she is an awesome woman. I am so grateful that she raised you the way she did and that I get to share you now are your mother-in-law. I have reading your past posts and remembering all the fun we've had the past few months. Thanks for taking the pictures. I still want those, by the way.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you Dixie! One different from all the rest, I'm sure. We have loved hearing about your experiences in the Congo and it has been fun to see you on the web-cam when Matt and Aubrey have been talking to you. We are in awe at your dedication and sacrifice to serve the Lord and His people in Africa. Happy day!
that was beautiful.
ReplyDeletethat was beautiful.
ReplyDelete