Well we have arrived in NM, and not a second too late. Poor Trevor has been under some massive amounts of stress and work. I was able to help out quite a bit this week, but now every part of my body is sore, calloused, bruised, cut, wind burnt, and sun burnt. We have been doing some hard work. Anyway, it is a dramatic change from the Provo life of studying. (which reminds me, I am happy to say that I got a 95% on my final 12 page paper on the Enlightenment that i revised about 13 times, no joke; I got a 100% on that final! First time!!! then I got a 96% on my christian history final, and a 98% on my two other English finals. Oh, and i got a 96% on my Italian history and phonetics class final. So I was pretty happy. It was the best finals week of my life. Aubrey did very well too).
Trevor and I found some extra work (just what we needed right?) and spent most of Saturday cleaning up a really nice man's yard. His fence was falling apart and behind the fence was a pool of tumble weeds and trash. we cleaned it all up. We pulled out the cement on the broken posts, poured new cement and posted in new posts. We still have to rebuild and paint the fence...Monday. We pulled out the dead stuff from his plants in the front yard, trimmed the hedges, picked the weeds, pulled out four or five dead plants and replanted some new ones. My favorite was the yucca we planted. The guy is from the Tennessee/Kentucky area, so I told him the yucca was our state flower and he thought that that was cool. We still have to add some gravel and finish up, but it looks cool. Oh, plus Trevor had a great idea about the rose bushes in the back that we planted. We had to move over some plumbing to get water to them and then we built them up with a retaining wall. Maybe I'll have to get some pictures of it tomorrow.
Anyway, that's our life right now.
Wow, what an update!
ReplyDeleteYou have accomplished a lot in a few days.
Good job on an excellent semester at BYU!
Wowee, you are smart and can write my history and anything else I need written!! (Please)
Aubrey is looking great....Motherhood is the best!
Where is this awesome clean up job you are doing? How did you find it??
Good job on your finals Matthew and Aubrey. What's this goat thing? You're now raising goats, not steers. Are you going to show them at the county fair?
ReplyDeleteLove
Gma