Sunday, December 12, 2010

Up and down and all around


So I am randomly posting pictures from the past that have nothing to do with the stories I'm telling. The pics are left over from the vacation. So there is a stressful story juxtaposed with fun photos of relaxation (a reminder that life's not all that bad).

So our lives have been crazy lately...where should I begin...Well, awesome Aunt Laura had seen our blog and she noticed that the central decoration on our white kitchen wall was a bright blue flyswatter. She wanted to comment and laugh at it, but instead she gave a red framed, flower-picture. So I hung it on our wall last Sunday and found a more secluded spot for the flykillers. It looked really nice.


Also, our landlord was finally finishing up his repairs on the bathroom and bedroom. We lived with Trevor and Megan (Thanks Guys!) for a week and a half because we had no where to live. It was really fun, but we were looking forward to being back in our own place again.

The Monday after Laura gave us the decoration, we were planning a moving in FHE. Honestly as Aubrey finished work and we were walking home our landlord calls and says that the property sold and the new owners want to live in our apartment...and they want to be in by January 1st...but they want our landlord to completely remodel the house before that happens...so he asked if we could be out of the house by the 15th of Dec.

Yep, in the middle of finals week we have to move! so we move all of our stuff over from Trevor's house and we clear just enough space to get in and out of bed...the love seat returned to the kitchen to add to the distress.

(PS Mom and Dad, we added this one for you guys! one chili dog costs $7.95, is that comparable to Congo prices?)

To add to the stress, this Sunday Aubrey was in charge of the sacrament meeting...to plan the Christmas program. Can you get any more stressed?

We were franticly searching for a place to live that was within our means, trying to focus on school, trying to do fun things as a couple, trying to exercise, Trying to plan a sacrament meeting, etc., etc., etc. Well then we get a call from the 2nd counselor and he asks Aubrey if we need any speakers (i did not know about this conversation at the time), she says that two speakers would be nice. Two minutes later he calls me and asks if we will speak in church, I consented...he did not know the I was married to the girl leading the Christmas production. Anyway, so now we are the key note speakers with 10 minutes a piece to cover.
So I am randomly posting pictures from the pas that have nothing to do with what i am

Sunday morning rolls around and we obviously haven't prepared a talk and we have been living out of suitcases ready to move in a minute (so our house was a mess).

We talk to the landlord and the sell fell through. The buyers just backed out! we were happy. I was so happy that instead of writing my talk i went into the newly remodeled room and started singing all of the Christmas carols i knew (and some of them twice). Aubrey probably thought i was completely crazy and she was probably annoyed with my singing, but i was secretly setting up our Christmas tree at the same time!!! So when she came in the room, Viola! there was a nice addition to our house. (sorry, no picture of the tree yet).

So today was the Hatch debut in church, and it went surprisingly well! Aubrey really did great. anyway, that is our story for now. Now off to finals!

3 comments:

  1. This was an awesome example of the Lord's tender mercies. In all the chaos you stayed steady and the Lord blessed you!! May you always remember this.
    Okay, I only wish they had an American chili dog. I would gladly pay 7.95 for it. They may sell them here on the sides of the road, but i wouldn't eat them because they probably are truly puppy dog, not chili dog.
    I did eat my first foo foo. No taste and extremely gritty like eating sand in your playdough except with no taste at all.

    Thanks for the update. I loved it!!! I can't wait to hear about your talks and the awesome choir!!
    Good luck with final!
    Yes, Laura is always on the lookout to do kind deeds. Always watch out where your flyswatters hang!! Even your toilet brushes should be painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. stressful!
    good luck with finals. just get through this week and it is smooth sailing. you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. stressful!
    good luck with finals. just get through this week and it is smooth sailing. you can do it!

    ReplyDelete