So this post is a little late for Aubrey's Birthday...so HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMORE MIO!!!
And for it I built her a birthday bike! A green and white wonder of steel and shiny, brand-new wheels. And, man, did we have fun!
The bike still doesn't have a name, but i am sure it will soon.
First off, I gave it to her a little early, on thursday, because we had a hot riding date planned. I stole Thane's bike rack (thanks thane) and took up my bike so that we could go for a spin.
We rode up to the Yo-zone and ate some of our favorite ice cream. I wish i had pictures of that date cause Aubrey was sure looking fine, really fine (then again she really always does). We rode around a little more before embarking for G-ma's house in Sandy where we stayed the night. In the morning we went for another ride! This was Aub's idea. We rode to the suit store (just 3.1 miles from G-ma's house) and got my suit fitted for the wedding then rode back. We took some more pics at g-ma's house.
After traipsing about the metropolis of Salt Lake City and trying to visit Laura's SOLO on Eleventh store, we made it back to the freeway and headed to Manti for a reception. That was a wonderful night too. Oh, I almost forgot...we registered at that Bed Bath and Below place. The employees, though very nice, treated us like we were below them...and we probably are. They made it seem as if having a chipped dish was the end of the world or that having two colors of hand towels would somehow throw off our groove. The lady has no idea what New Mexico is like! hahaha
The next morning was the actual B-day and that was fun. I got to be with Aubrey for almost every moment this weekend! I loved it all! Every moment! And, man, do i miss her already. I have an Aubrey hangover.
We rode our bikes into Manti that day--around the temple, around main street, and the cemetery. Wow, Aubrey is a wonderful girl!
We finished the B-day tossing a frisbee and with silky peanut-butter cake and butter pecan ice cream. Yummy! Then, we started our fast.
the Bingham family is great. I love them all so much. Mom and Dad Bingham are united in purpose and loving. I always felt welcome in their house. Molly is strong and faithful and full of joy. Cameron is fun and excited about life. The twins are smart, funny, and responsible (you should have seen them take care of their new lambs). I don't know Matt that well, but I have enjoyed the time i could spend with him at the general priesthood session. that was fun. He is a good missionary. I am very excited to be united with Aubrey forever and for the memories we will make together.
Sorry, I am getting a little too mushy, but i am just so happy! Only 6 more weeks.
Caution: Babe on a bike!
I can't believe there are no comments! Awesome bike. Good job Matthew, you really fixed that bike up with lots of work and LoVe!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Aubrey!!
happy birthday aubrey!!
ReplyDeletewhat a cool bike matty. that is such an awesome gift.
happy birthday aubrey!!
ReplyDeletewhat a cool bike matty. that is such an awesome gift.
My fidanzato spoils me. I can't believe he's still alive-- he rarely sleeps and is always working hard for me! I love you Matt! Thanks, fam, for the birthday wishes and for your love. You're all wonderful. AND, the bike IS great (you should all be jealous) and it's already had a lot of good rides. Many more to come!
ReplyDeleteP.S. CONGRATS BOSTON!!! :D I am so excited for you and your family! I wish I could see your blog to comment there, but for now I'll say here that I am thrilled for you. Best wishes with everything- sure love ya!
So it's the "Bed Bath and Below place" huh? You make me laugh. I just realized that it is "Bed Bath ..." without a comma. Like the bed bath that old people get when they are too weak to get out of bed. Good thing you are getting matching hand towels. Nothing but the best for you newlyweds. We had a great weekend as well, with you here. Thanks for the nice things you said about our family. Right back atcha. We love you too and look forward to great times ahead. Thanks for all you do to make Aubrey a happy girl!
ReplyDeleteHey you two! I Just got your beautiful invitation and had to come see how you guys were doing, happy birthday Aubrey! (super late now) but you guys look so happy, we're so happy for you :) Oh, and awesome bike...
ReplyDeleteehi!
ReplyDeleteanche io sono capitata qui per caso dopo aver ricevuto la vostra partecipazione!!
che dire, congratulazioni!!!
siete così belli e dolci e aubrey poi è davvero splendida!!
tantissimi auguri ad entrambi!!
Mia
(Polelli Bunch)