Sunday, April 28, 2013

Don't Look Now... I'm Posting

Apparently I like to post at the beginning of school! (Could it be that I am less stressed when I am not in classes full time?) Here we are again at the beginning of another semester. I (Aubrey) will be taking my final 7 credits over Spring Term, including two General Education requirements that I did not finish earlier in my school career. (Could it be that I'm dreading them tremendously?) So, Music 201, Business Writing 320, and Constitutional Research 260.... here we come.

But that's not til Tuesday. For now, here's what we've been up to:


1.  Teaching Primary. We love these 8-9 year old kids and MAN can they be a challenge. Despite the standing on chairs, spreading chalk on everything in sight, and the need for total attention at all times, these children are precious. We had an inspiring lesson today on revelation given to the living prophet and I think they may have learned something. And if not, I did! I consider that a success.

2. Growing SO BIG. This little lady is over 17 months old now and attending Nursery most of the time. Our Primary President kindly asked us to start taking her in even though she has a month left til the magic 1-8 because she is a distraction in Primary. Imagine that! I kinda think she deserves the attention, she's pretty sweet.



(Irresistible?)
Always enjoys a good mess.



She is into posing and counting "One, Doo, DREE!" when we take her picture. Usually her pose involves her twisty little "cheese", followed by "A-Tee?!" (Elsie) and running to see herself on the camera screen. It's hilarious but makes it really hard to get a good picture of her beautiful smile.
CHHHEEEESE!
She also appreciates this "smoulder"






After Commencement, where we were
Elder L. Tom Perry addressed us.
3. Graduating. I don't finish my course work til June but the graduation ceremonies are only in April and August, so I got to walk early. Lucky me!
Family Photo with a happy child. :)
Watch out, Wildcats. We gotta
Little Cougar on our hands.




Three Generations.
My mom was able to attend Commencement

with us and she entertained Elsie
with all kinds of treasures. Thanks Mom!



Posing for Gramma Dixie


In love with my fellow graduate! (He walked last August then
finished in December but I had him take pictures with me.)


Two Happy Graduates...

With a bunch of "Y" in our blood
Jumping for Joy because we are done here and are on to new adventures.










 4. Speaking of new adventures.  WE'RE MOVING. Matt was accepted to Italian Studies programs at the University of Texas at Austin and The University of Notre Dame.

 



After visits to both schools (Matt), many prayers, and much difficulty weighing the options:




 We officially chose to keep our colors the same and attend

We don't know what a move to South Bend Indiana this summer will bring or how in the world everything is going to come together, but soon we'll be Fightin' Irish exploring the Midwest. I'm torn between feeling scared to death and excited for the challenge.

Something tells me that we will know this 22 hour 31 min drive pretty well within a few years.






3 comments:

  1. We are so proud of you three and all that you are accomplishing! We love the many cute & funny faces of our Elsie Pearl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a life! Gotta love it!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that's a lot of stuff. Congratulations! Your little girls is so big it shocked me.
    When you move out to Norte Dame you better stop by and visit at least for a few hours.
    love alli

    ReplyDelete