For one thing, we ate at Carl's own Red Barn BBQ. That was fun.
But mainly we have been having lots of apple fun. About a week ago for FHE Aub and I went to our 92 year-old neighbor's house, Mr. William Perry, to see if he would let us have some of the apples that were cumbering his overladen tree. He was really nice and let us take all that we wanted...and we loaded a five gallon bucket and at least 5 Walmart sacks.
The next day Aub got to work and made a pie! oh yes! we love Apple pie. She also made lots and lots of Apple sauce with the help of Boston's Kitchen Aid attachment. So I got home and we worked together cutting out all the worm holes in the apples and boiling them. I also got out the steamer and starting making some juice. It was fun and kind of addicting because a few days later we finished all the apples we had. Aub made this delicious Apple Crisp, the picture doesn't look that great but the taste was amazing.
Followed by another Apple Pie!!! We took this one over to the Henke's after Russell's 4th grade Veteran's Memorial production. Good Job Russ! and good job Aub because the pie was Awesome (with a capital 'A'). This is the pie before we put it in the oven.
And then I made a tower of our accomplishments! Scary.
Mamma dixie says.....
ReplyDeleteI see that your camera is working and your blogging skills are up to snuff...so I am really getting excited for the big event, with pictures and blogs galore! But in the meantime I am enjoying your updates.
Mighty fine apple delights you've been cooking up!! Yum, Yum on the County Road you live on.
Scary apple jar tower!!!!!
ReplyDeletebut looks great!!!!
I have heard before that if you put all the juice together first, then bottle it they will all be even. But, I have never done that either. I bottle it one by one as it comes out. :)
so excited for Elsie pie to come!
Holy Apples! that sounds like a lot of fun. and deliciousness. especially that apple crisp!
ReplyDelete