
Ya know... life is all about hellos and goodbyes, especially for us right now.
First, we are saying hello to a new life of marvelous marriage. We started out not knowing what to expect. All we knew was that life wouldn't be easy but that we would stick it out together. We soon found out what "tough times" meant. To be honest, I am speaking mostly financially here! Our world is revolved so much around money. Money, money. It makes me sick sometimes how much our dollars mean but such is life, and having very little is how we grow.
Next, we are saying hello to job(s?) and another school year. I (Aubrey) am so excited to start work next week as an Afternoon Floral Delivery Driver for the Campus Craft & Floral shop. I was more than elated to be hired and look forward to all the minimum-wage-awesomeness that the place has to offer. Can't wait to drive the Astro Van! Matt has an interview Monday morning and another Monday afternoon, so again we pray for the very best. As far as school goes, we are still trying to get classes finalized and books ordered. That's one of the worst parts, I think- just the getting settled. Once that's all in place there is a lot of relief and you're ready to push forward whole-heartedly.
Another thing we are saying hello to is our humble abode on 45 East 800 North. :) Very close to campus, and in our price range, but the shanty needs a little help. We hope to re-carpet, paint, and possibly lay new tile before school starts. The issue being that the tenant is still in there and we are still here. It will work out though, I'm sure of it.

Next Sunday we will say goodbye to the Farmington home and Aztec. I have mixed emotions about this because it's been tough but great as well. I wish the Farmington house was in Provo because we were just getting settled, and it has been a great house with space to spare. But I think we are ready to move on to new things and safer places. :) It will be most difficult to leave the ward & our callings though-I can't explain how much love I feel for these people and how much I will miss them.
This summer we said goodbye to Elder Reilly Ben Hatch. We have missed his spirit here, his puns and humor at every opportunity, his desire for what is right. He is now working hard in the MTC and catching on quickly. The language is going well, and he loves the challenge that the change has brought to him. We sure love Elder Reilly.
One of the hardest things for us to do is to say goodbye to Matt's wonderful parents. They are leaving in 20 days and they must be getting nervous! There is so much ahead of them and nobody but God knows what that will be. The days have been so nice the past few weeks, talking with them, riding bikes together, working together, playing games, enjoying Mamma's delicious green chile dishes... We know they are doing what is right, as do they, but so often it is hard to let go of what was to embrace what is. They have blessed our lives so tremendously-we love them and wish them all the best.
At times like these I am also grateful for the "constants" in life, like family and the Gospel, like prayer and missionary work, like Christ's Atonement and the Spirit of God, like memories and love. The constants are what get us through.
So "hello, future" and "goodbye, past", there are some things that can not last.
For life can't ever come again, so God gives us somewhere new to begin.
Constants are what we live for!! Love you guys!!
ReplyDelete